tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rod Macpherson <treesp...@gmail.com>
Subject JAX-RS on Tomcat 7 and Java 1.7
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 00:28:16 GMT
I was under the impression Tomcat 7 supported JAX-RS out of the box.  I
have one jsp page (that works) and one JAX-RS annotated class: that
generates a 404 error when trying to access it.

@Path("foo") public class Foo
{
@GET String getBar()
{
return "bar";
}
}

Tried various paths, slash, no slash, no luck.  I tried adding an
Application and overriding getClasses... no luck.

@ApplicationPath("/*") public class MyApp extends Application

Is there a simple working example of JAX-RS under Tomcat 7?

(P.S. not using and do not want to use either RESTEasy or Wink or Jersey,
since JAX-RS should be built right in now).