tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to start a continuous java application in tomcat
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 14:29:42 GMT
On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 6:46 AM, Rishad Ali
<rishad.ali@turnkey-instruments.com> wrote:

> I have a java application which collects some data from sensors and
> stores in the database. This java application has to run continuously.
> On the other hand I have a web application which I am running on tomcat
> which collects the data from database and display it on the web.

They sound like 2 independent applications then, which should *run*
independently.

The fact that they're using the same DB, or sharing some classes, is
not really a good enough reason to mash them together, IMO.

http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan