tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http status 404 error
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 14:19:58 GMT
2012/5/11 Irene Amatulli <IAmatulli@cleverdevices.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I got this error when trying to access my application's website.

Are you sure that it is your web site?
Configure an access log at the server and look for evidences.

>  The Tomcat service is running, so I don't know why I got this error.  The website
appeared with no problems when I used it yesterday.  I'm not sure if some updates that were
applied to the server may have caused this to happen.  Thanks.

> Irene
>
> HTTP Status 404 -
> ________________________________
> type Status report
> message
> description The requested resource () is not available.
> Apache Tomcat/6.0.20

Tomcat itself is running. Your application is not.

Either your application did not start, or it is just is not there.

BTW, Tomcat 6.0.20 is 3 years old.
Here is a list of known security issues fixed in later releases:
http://tomcat.apache.org/security-6.html