tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Farinacci <jie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process Error processing request
Date Sat, 12 May 2012 14:02:26 GMT
Greetings,

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Konstantin Kolinko
<knst.kolinko@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can easily reproduce this "zip file closed" issue in trunk with a
> simple jar containing Tomcat's icon in META-INF/resources/favicon.ico
> if I change configuration by removing JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener
> from server.xml.
> The first request to <appname>/favicon.ico hits the error.

Thank you for reproducing the problem. I confirm that my Apache Tomcat
instance was not running with that listener. I've now set:

  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"/>
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JasperListener"/>
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener"
/>
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.ThreadLocalLeakPreventionListener"
/>
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener"/>
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityListener" />

> It is a rare configuration and IMHO a broken one.
> I think that running without JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener is wrong.

Here I must object. Yes, it probably is rare, but running without
those extra listeners isn't wrong. I have a web application with a
valid library in WEB-INF/lib which ships a specification supported
static resource. That resource is not being served by Apache Tomcat
unless I enable a non-standard (specification wise) option. That
doesn't seem right to me..

> I cannot reproduce the issue with the standard configuration.

With the listeners all added, things are working as I expect. The
resource is served, no error is produced. I still think this is a bug
though.. if I open a new bug, will it be accepted?

-Jesse