tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Haenni, Tia" <thae...@burnsmcd.com>
Subject RE: maxParameterCount with Tomcat 5.5.23
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 20:46:56 GMT
Konstantin,

I am aware of the EOL for 5.5. We plan to upgrade to 6.x (whatever version RH decides to bestow
upon us)

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.kolinko@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 3:43 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: maxParameterCount with Tomcat 5.5.23

2012/5/12 Haenni, Tia <thaenni@burnsmcd.com>:
> Chuck,
>
> Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, due to some company policies on supporting
packages as supplied by Red Hat, I am stuck with 5.5.23 for now.

> I've read the docs and I am aware of the setting for maxParameterCount, which is not
set at all in my Tomcat. What I don't know is if it will be honored. I read some posts where
it was apparently ignored and the default used instead.

> Can you confirm that setting maxParameterCount in the connector attribute will override
the default?

It should, but that is up to you to confirm. You have that strange version of Tomcat, we do
not.

BTW Note, that ASF support of Tomcat 5.5.x branch ends in several months, http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-55-eol.html

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko