tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Haenni, Tia" <thae...@burnsmcd.com>
Subject RE: maxParameterCount with Tomcat 5.5.23
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 20:33:52 GMT
Chuck,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, due to some company policies on supporting packages
as supplied by Red Hat, I am stuck with 5.5.23 for now.

I've read the docs and I am aware of the setting for maxParameterCount, which is not set at
all in my Tomcat. What I don't know is if it will be honored. I read some posts where it was
apparently ignored and the default used instead.

Can you confirm that setting maxParameterCount in the connector attribute will override the
default?

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 3:19 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: maxParameterCount with Tomcat 5.5.23

> From: Haenni, Tia [mailto:thaenni@burnsmcd.com]
> Subject: maxParameterCount with Tomcat 5.5.23

> A recent RHEL patch supplied the following Tomcat packages

Note that 5.5.23 is over five years old...  You might want to consider installing a real Tomcat
from tomcat.apache.org instead of a 3rd-party mangled, horribly out-of-date version.  There
are many more serious problems fixed in current levels.

> Since then I've encountered a problem with exceeding the
> maxParameterCount which seems to default at 512:

That's not the default in a standard Tomcat.  Congratulate Red Hat on breaking things.

> Does anyone know how to tweak the maxParameterCount

Read the docs:

 - Chuck