tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat unable to validate SSL certificate authority
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 17:38:45 GMT
> From: Andy Ee [mailto:andii@singnet.com.sg]
> Subject: Tomcat unable to validate SSL certificate authority

> I received the following error in the catalina.out log.

"Logging" to stdout is bad practice for anyone's webapp.

> Therefore I am suspecting that Tomcat is not using cacerts properly.

Therefore you are wrong, since Tomcat isn't using the JVM's cacerts file at all.  It's your
application that's making the outbound HTTPS request - Tomcat isn't involved.  You need to
investigate the code that's making the outbound request; running it outside of Tomcat in a
standalone program will probably be an easier environment to debug.  Once that's working,
then try it again in a webapp.

 - Chuck