tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Adding the manager app to a Standalone tomcat install
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 20:46:07 GMT
> From: Todd Seidenberg [mailto:todd.seidenberg@gmail.com]
> Subject: Adding the manager app to a Standalone tomcat install

> I'm trying to use the manager app, so that I can collect performance
> metrics on our running Standalone Tomcat setup.

What kind of performance information do you think the manager webapp will give you?  Have
you looked at just enabling the AccessLogValve?  For real performance data, you might want
to look at these:

http://moskito.anotheria.net/
http://code.google.com/p/psi-probe/

> Is it possible to install the manager app in an install like this?

Sure - get a normal Tomcat download for the same version, and copy the manager webapp and
its associated manager.xml file over to your installation.  You'll likely need to update conf/tomcat-users.xml
or whatever authentication mechanism you have employed in order to access the manager.

 - Chuck