tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Sharma <sanjeev.sha...@buchanan-edwards.com>
Subject JDBC Connection over VPN
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 19:36:25 GMT
Hi,

Not sure if this is a Tomcat issue.  When I connect directly to a network and startup my tomcat
7, my JDBC connection to an Oracle 11g network works just fine, but if I tunnel into the same
network, JDBC fails to connect to the database.  At the same time I'm able to make a connection
to the same database using SQL Developer/SQL Plus.  My network people tell me that all ports
are open to me and when they try to capture packets coming from me, they see nothing if I'm
starting up my tomcat.  I'm not a Network or VPN expert, but as far as I know, at the application
level it should behave just as if I'm connected directly to the network and shouldn't have
to worry about which network adapter to use (built in or VPN), and shouldn't have to worry
about routing.  I'm at a complete loss, so I'm just hoping there is magical tomcat setting
which will fix my problem.  Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks.