tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Accessing Virtual Host through load blancer
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 11:43:51 GMT
Reka Thirunavukkarasu wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm configuring a load balancer in front of two tomcat instances in
> the same machine. I wanted to access my name based virtual host which
> was created across those two tomcat instances through load balancer.
> In this case, when i send a request like the following: say my load
> balancer is running in port 8280 as https:
>
>                            https://VirtualHostName:8280/
>
> The request at the tomcat is to localhost not to the above
> VirtualHost. Can i be able to access name based virtual host through a
> load balancer in tomcat, since the mapping in load balancer is to the
> actual tomcat instances not to the virtual host. Could you please let
> me know how to overcome such an issue in tomcat?

To allow people to answer in a relevant way, could you give some details about what
version of Tomcat you are using, under which version of Java, under which platform ?

And, most importantly, what you are actually using to do the load-balancing.
Are you using Apache httpd as a front-end ? if yes, with which proxying mechanism to
Tomcat (mod_proxy, mod_jk, .. ?) (and versions of ditto).
If not Apache httpd, then what ?