tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How to get debug output from JNDIRealm.java?
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 16:57:34 GMT
ohaya@cox.net wrote:

> The problem is that I don't know how to enable that debug output/logging?
>
> I'm assuming that something needs to be added to the Tomcat logging.properties, but can
anyone tell me what that should be to get the messages such as would be output by the following
code in JNDIRealm.java:

Give it up.  The Tomcat logging implementation and its documentation (with the exception
of the AcccesLogValve) are totally impenetrable to mere mortal human beings.
Unless you have been born from Java programmer parents, are having Java coffee exclusively

for breakfast and read Java books by the pool for fun, you don't stand a chance.
It generally makes for lively debates though..