tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] tomcat slowing down
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 15:43:08 GMT
Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:
> On 16.05.2012 17:11, André Warnier wrote:
>> Mikolaj Rydzewski wrote:
>>> It looks you have some ajax requests
>>
>> Just curious : how do you see that from the OP's stack trace ?
>
> Just a guess, maybe I'm wrong:
>
> org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.AjaxViewRoot.processEvents(AjaxViewRoot.java:180)
>
>             at
> org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.AjaxViewRoot.broadcastEvents(AjaxViewRoot.java:158)
>
>             at
> org.ajax4jsf.framework.ajax.AjaxViewRoot.processDecodes(AjaxViewRoot.java:274)

Oh. I always thought that Ajax was purely a client-side thing (Asynchronous Javascript etc..).
Maybe this is only a name coincidence ?
 From a server point of view, there should not be anything special distinguishing
Ajax-triggered requests from others, not so ?
Of course, perhaps one has one of these nifty real-time Ajax-driven popups which poll the

server every 0.1 second for an update to some graphic gimmick..
Which would of course provide some clue as to a gradual slowdown of some webserver, as the

poor thing struggles to keep up.
Mere loose and unfounded speculation of course, on the base of at best flimsy evidence.
Let's wait to see what the real data says.