tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: two instances of Tomcat in same machine
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 13:09:08 GMT
On Windows 32-bit JVMs are often limited to less than 1.3GB of heap due
to fragmentation of the 32-bit address space.  Sometimes one cannot even
get 1GB of heap!

For any hefty server process on Windows you really want a 64-bit JVM for
this reason.

On other OS's one can often allocate much more heap under 32-bit
addressing.  How much depends on the OS, etc, but generally is much more
like 3GB.

--
Jess Holle