tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Miguel González Castaños <miguel_3_gonza...@yahoo.es>
Subject Re: Multiple tomcat Instances on Same Server and One Apache Instance
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 22:32:43 GMT
On 15/05/2012 17:22, André Warnier wrote:
> Vickie Troy-McKoy wrote:
>>
>> Thank you Andre for your help.  After I configured it as you
>> specified, the behavior was the same as before I inquired on this forum.
>
> Well, it doesn't sound as if we really helped a lot then, or am I
> misunderstanding this too ?
> :-)
>
> Note also for the record (and maybe a later enquiry) that it should
> not really be necessary to have 2 separate Apache httpd instances.  At
> least if we now understand properly what you are really trying to
> achieve..

Just wondering. With a 64 bits OS, how much RAM can you handle in a JVM
and therefore with each instance of Tomcat? For a 12 Gb of RAM machine,
it would be wise if you want to have this kind of setup (Apache and two
Tomcat instances in the same machine) if you need more than 400-500
concurrent users?

Miguel