tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Multiple tomcat Instances on Same Server and One Apache Instance
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 19:33:13 GMT
Pid wrote:
> On 11/05/2012 18:53, Vickie Troy-McKoy wrote:
>> Hi, I am in need of a little help.
>>
>> I have 2 tomcat instances running on the same machine and one apache instance running
on a different machine.  I configured jk_mod to access the 1st tomcat instance.  Now, I have
a second tomcat instance running on the same server as the 1st instance.  I would like to
access both tomcat instances via the one apache webserver instance.  Because some requests
are referenced by the same name, there is a conflict.

>> On the tomcat server in server.xml, one instance is running on port 8009 and the
2nd instance (in another directory structure) is running on 7009.

>> On the apache server in httpd.conf, I have the following:
>>
>> Listen 80
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
>>
>> #
>> JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
>> JkMount /abc* instance1
>> JkMount /xyz* instance2
>>
>> In workers.properties, I have the following:
>>
>> worker.list=instance1, instance2
>> #
>> worker.instance1.port=8009
>> worker.instance1.host=server.xxxx.com
>> worker.instance1.type=ajp13
>> worker.instance1.lbfactor=1
>> worker.instance1.socket_keepalive=1
>> #
>> worker.instance2.port=7009
>> worker.instance2.host=server.xxxx.com
>> worker.instance2.type=ajp13
>> worker.instance2.lbfactor=1
>> worker.instance2.socket_keepalive=1
>>
>> When I call abc*, it goes to instance1; and when I call xyz*, it goes to instance2.
 However, both instances have apps that start with "tsa".  How do I configure the apache webserver
to service the "tsa" app for both tomcat instances?

> configure a load balancer (worker) that uses the (other) two workers, in addition to
the
> two workers, and add it to the worker list.

I think that rather than be added to the workers list, the load-balancer worker must be
the only one in the list.  You then tell the balancer to balance the two other workers.