tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Badi <ki...@poonam.org>
Subject IE 9 ignoring my custom error pages with 404 codes
Date Sat, 12 May 2012 22:14:06 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to setup custom error page and has done below modification
to web.xml

<error-page>
<error-code>500</error-code>
<location>/errorback.jsp</location>
</error-page>
<error-page>
<error-code>404</error-code>
<location>/errorback.jsp</location>

Then in errorback.jsp

I wrote the default hello jsp page and triggered 404 condition to check
if setting are working fine,the above setting seems to be working fine
in chrome/firefox but for some reasons IE is still showing up its own
404 message and aborting the further calls to my 404 page which I styled
it some images and other things.

Now after further investigation, I came across a setting in IE9 where in
there is checkbox to show friendly http error messages, if I turn this
off, I get my error page else I dont get it.

Now I want to show custom error page to my users. Is their any
workaround for this ? Ideally I would have expected IE to deliver what
tomcat serves and in this case custom error page but its not happening
when checkbox is turned on.

Is their any work around for this or I have to accept the whatever IE is
doing ?