tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tomaz <>
Subject tomcat6 lookup for remote EJB on glassfish
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 08:12:24 GMT
I'm struggling to get remote EJB from lookup, but with no success, is it posible to this in
Apache Tomcat/6.0.18?

When I'm using standalone client I get it but inside web application I can't get it work.

My web code:

Properties props = new Properties();
props.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost", "");
props.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort", "3700");
final InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(props);

CalculatorApi calcEJBCli = (CalculatorApi) ic.lookup("java:global/Calculator-ejb/Calculator!si.arnes.ejb.remote.CalculatorRemoteApi");

My pom dependency for web appl:

My EJB 3.1 on glassfish 3.1:
@Stateless(mappedName="CalculatorEJB", name="Calculator")

Glassfish info for my EJB:
Portable JNDI names for EJB Calculator : [java:global/Calculator-ejb/Calculator!si.arnes.ejb.local.CalculatorLocalApi,

Glassfish-specific (Non-portable) JNDI names for EJB Calculator : [CalculatorEJB#si.arnes.ejb.remote.CalculatorRemoteApi,

Name global is not bound in this Context

What I'm doing wrong?

Regards, Tomaz

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: