tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Slow downloads through mod_jk on Windows XP
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 21:04:37 GMT
After playing with this a bit more (testing this time against tomcat 7.0.27)
the ajpPacketSize has zero effect on the speed.

Downloading a large file through mod_jk to tomcat looks like this:
2012-05-08 16:01:22 (15.0 MB/s) - “sol-11-1111-text-x86.iso.8” saved
[450799616/450799616]

Downloading the same large file directly through apache looks like:
2012-05-08 16:01:58 (19.3 MB/s) - “sol-11-1111-text-x86.iso.11” saved
[450799616/450799616]

the numbers are pretty consistent. So apache still beats tomcat by a
good chunk but it's much much better than with tomcat 5.0 where the
through tomcat numbers were about half that.

I'm still wondering if there's something that can be tweaked in the MS
TCP/IP stack to bring the two together closer.

Andy