tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Live changes to web.xml
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 16:28:28 GMT
On 5/7/2012 11:41 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> 2012/5/7 David kerber<dckerber@verizon.net>:
>> When TC 5.5.25 reloads due to a web.xml change, do the context listeners
>> fire?
>>
>> Whenever I get a tc reload/restart without stopping and starting the TC
>> service, my db connection gets messed up, and if the contextlistener fires,
>> ISTM that would be a good place for me to reset the connection.
>>

> Try for youself?

I tried, but couldn't get it to reload in eclipse without restarting the
whole thing.  Doing it on a running server won't tell me much unless I
add code to the context listener just to log whether or not it is executed.

> 5.5 is near EOL, so whatever is there wouldn't change.
>
>> Or is there a better place?
>>

> Describe what "messed up" means.  Troubles with DB connections are
> usually solved with a validation query (checkOnBorrow=true).

After a context reload, it is unable to make connections, and tells me
that there is no suitable driver.  Restarting the service puts
everything back in proper operation.

I do my pooling inside the app, and don't use TC's pooling.