tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Miguel González Castaños <>
Subject Tomcat pausing and no java process
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 10:35:56 GMT
Dear all,

   My Tomcat 5.5 server reports in catalina.out under heavy load that
Tomcat is pausing. I checked and no java process was running and I had
to start Tomcat manually.

   No errors before in catalina.out. The only error found today (It
crashed 3 times in 3 hours) was an outofmemory error.

   I changed from 1024Mb to 1536Mb in

   CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Xms1536m -Xmx1536m"

   After installing Javamelody I saw that memory use was reaching 1056
Mb (probably that triggered the outofmemory error).

   Anything I can check or any setting I can set to get more information
in the next crash?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message