tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Wall <d.w...@computer.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 - No modifications are allowed to a locked ParameterMap
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 00:01:12 GMT

> Both this symptom and your earlier one about creating a session after a response has
been committed are representative of the kinds of errors seen when a webapp stores references
in an inappropriate scope.  For example, keeping a reference to a request or response object
in a static field, a session, or a thread-local, will often result in the wrong object being
used later on.  This is especially evident under high-load situations...

>   - Chuck

Okay, it looks like you put me on the right track. Just discovered that
one of the servlets uses an instance variable to hold the
request/response/session objects. Oy, and it was like that since 2008!
Not positive this will resolve all the issues, but it's a clear bug.
Thanks for your tip.

David