tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Wall <d.w...@computer.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 NIO Socket accept failed - Too many open files
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 20:47:53 GMT

On 5/2/2012 12:34 PM, Pid * wrote:
> It's an OS issue: google 'ulimit'.

Yes, I am familiar with ulimit -Sn (it's 1024), but I suspect this could
be a Tomcat issue somehow opening too many files and/or not releasing
them.  I had never seen this issue before we upgraded from Tomcat 5.5
(all using BIO) to Tomcat 7.0 (all using NIO).  We run on lots of
servers, and none have shown this error before (and they are all Linux
servers all set to 1024 for open files).  But we will give it a try by
setting to a higher number.

The reason we suspect it's Tomcat is that we're getting other
exceptions, too, those that indicate our session/request objects are not
valid when our JSPs are running (and of course work fine when the loads
are normal, but start to fail when we push lots of concurrent requests
at Tomcat).

David