tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hermes Flying <flyingher...@yahoo.com>
Subject After going to Tomcat 6 I get log4j problems. Why?
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 09:03:58 GMT
Hi,

I have upgraded from Tomcat 5.5 to Tomcat 6.0.35
I am getting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
I didn't have this problem before.
Note that I have commons-logging already in my web apps WEB-INF\lib
And this exception is from a class (custom class) running from a jar in %TOMCAT_HOME%\lib
If I drop commons-logging in %TOMCAT_HOME%\lib the exception does not happen BUT now I get
exceptions in log4j from inside my web app.
I tried also deleting the commons-logging from %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\myApp\WEB-INF\lib but
no success.

Any idea what is the problem here?