I have tested the below cluster manager; as per the instruction i have changed. However, when we try to deploy the apps on tomcat it was throwing error that

WARNING: Unable to send map start message.
Apr 5, 2012 1:37:12 PM org.apache.catalina.ha.session.BackupManager start
SEVERE: Unable to start BackupManager
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start replicated map.
       at org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.init(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:230)

Failed to start BackupManager:  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Listener already exists:{}[org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.LazyReplicatedMap]



i am using below server.xml for all the 10 tomcats. Do i have to change it for every tomcat. How would i fix it.



<Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster" channelSendOptions="6">
        <Manager className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.BackupManager" expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                   notifyListenersOnReplication="true" mapSendOptions="6"/>

            <Channel className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel">
             <Membership className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastService"
                        address="228.0.0.4"
                        port="45563"
                        frequency="500"
                        dropTime="30000"/>
             <Receiver className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver"
                      address="auto"
                      port="4000"
                      selectorTimeout="5000"
                      timeout="60000"
                      maxThreads="6"/>

             <Sender className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReplicationTransmitter">
                  <Transport className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender" timeout="60000" keepAliveCount="0"/>
             </Sender>
             <Interceptor className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector"/>
             <Interceptor className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.MessageDispatch15Interceptor"/>
            <!--  <Interceptor className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.ThroughputInterceptor"/> -->
           </Channel>
         <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.ReplicationValve"
                 filter=".*\.gif|.*\.js|.*\.jpeg|.*\.jpg|.*\.png|.*\.htm|.*\.html|.*\.css|.*\.txt"/>
         <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteBinderValve"/>
       <ClusterListener className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.ClusterSessionListener"/>
       <ClusterListener className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteSessionIDBinderListener"/>
     </Cluster>




On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 2:25 AM, Mark Eggers <its_toasted@yahoo.com> wrote:
Comments inline and surrounded by =========== COMMENT =============

----- Original Message -----

> From: Dhaval Jaiswal <dhaval.jaiswal@via.com>
> To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
> Cc:
> Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:12 PM
> Subject: Re: SEVERE: Unable to start cluster.
>
>T hanks to all for sharing info. I will test it & come back to you.
>
> Also want to know that after starting session replication there will be a
> huge logging in catalina.out for session information. How to minimize it ?

=========== COMMENT =============


Did read my other mail concerning how to manage logging? I thought I was pretty explicit (and gave an example). If my example for logging.properties was unclear, please ask specific questions (to the list).

If you want less logging, then turn down the levels. See the following documentation:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html#Using_java.util.logging_(default)


=========== COMMENT =============


>
> Below are the logs of catalina.out. As per the log it shows that it has
> added member 192.168.3.18.
>
> Now we have a tomcat cluster group from 192.168.3.5 to 192.168.3.11.
> However it is trying to connect to the 192.168.3.18.
>
>
> 192.168.3.18 is the tomcat of another cluster. Where should i look into to
> resolve this. Where to define this limit that it has to share the session
> information from 192.168.3.5 to 192.168.3.11.

=========== COMMENT =============


>From the documentation on the web site at:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/cluster-howto.html#Cluster_Information


Membership is established using multicast heartbeats. Hence, if you wish to subdivide your clusters, you can do this by changing the multicast IP address or port in the <Membership> element.

In other words, if you want multiple clusters change either the multicast address here:

           <Membership className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastService"
                        address="228.0.0.4"
                        port="45564"
                        frequency="500"
                        dropTime="3000"/>

to a different multicast address, or change the port in the above to a different port. The multicast address / port establishes the cluster group. The above snippet is from one of my server.xml files.

You might also want to read up on how multicasting works.

=========== COMMENT =============




>
>
> INFO: Replication member
> added:org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{-64, -88, 3,
> 18}:4000,{-64, -88, 3, 18},4000, alive=18507474,id={25 -66 -54 110 84 -96
> 79 -74 -84 -106 122 -65 -121 9 -16 5 }, payload={}, command={}, domain={}, ]
> Apr 5, 2012 12:31:10 AM
> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector
> performBasicCheck
> INFO: Suspect member, confirmed
> alive.[org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{-64, -88, 3,
> 18}:4000,{-64, -88, 3, 18},4000, alive=18507474,id={25 -66 -54 110 84 -96
> 79 -74 -84 -106 122 -65 -121 9 -16 5 }, payload={}, command={}, domain={},
> ]]
> Apr 5, 2012 12:32:10 AM
> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector
> memberDisappeared
> INFO: Received
> memberDisappeared[org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{-64,
> -88, 3, 18}:4000,{-64, -88, 3, 18},4000, alive=18507474,id={25 -66 -54 110
> 84 -96 79 -74 -84 -106 122 -65 -121 9 -16 5 }, payload={}, command={},
> domain={}, ]] message. Will verify.
> Apr 5, 2012 12:32:10 AM
> org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector
> memberDisappeared
> INFO: Verification complete. Member still
> alive[org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.MemberImpl[tcp://{-64, -88, 3,
> 18}:4000,{-64, -88, 3, 18},4000, alive=18507474,id={25 -66 -54 110 84 -96
> 79 -74 -84 -106 122 -65 -121 9 -16 5 }, payload={}, command={}, domain={},
> ]]
> Apr 5, 2012 12:32:10 AM
> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap heartbeat
> SEVERE: Unable to send AbstractReplicatedMap.ping message
> org.apache.catalina.tribes.ChannelException: Operation has timed out(60000
> ms.).; Faulty members:tcp://{-64, -88, 3, 18}:4000;
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Thomas Rohde <tro@ordix.de> wrote:
>
>>  -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
>>  Von:    Dhaval Jaiswal <dhaval.jaiswal@via.com>
>>  Gesendet:       Mi 04.04.2012 16:41
>>  Betreff:        SEVERE: Unable to start cluster.
>>  An:     Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>;
>>  CC:     Shrinivas Devarkonda <shrinivas.devarkonda@via.com>;
>>  > Hi List,
>>  >
>>  > Below is the error we are facing while starting tomcats.
>>  >
>>  > SEVERE: Unable to start cluster.
>>  > org.apache.catalina.tribes.ChannelException: java.net.SocketException:
>>  Not
>>  > a multicast address; No faulty members identified.
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > Our cluster setting is as below in server.xml
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >  <Cluster
> className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
>>  > channelSendOptions="6">
>>  >         <Manager
> className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.BackupManager"
>>  > expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
>>  >                    notifyListenersOnReplication="true"
>>  mapSendOptions="6"/>
>>  >
>>  >             <Channel
>>  >
> className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel">
>>  >              <Membership
>>  >
> className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastService"
>>  >                         address="192.168.3.14"
>>  >                         port="45564"
>>  >                         frequency="500"
>>  >                         dropTime="30000"/>
>>  >              <Receiver
>>  >
> className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver"
>>  >                       address="auto"
>>  >                       port="4000"
>>  >                       selectorTimeout="5000"
>>  >                       timeout="60000"
>>  >                       maxThreads="6"/>
>>  >
>>  >              <Sender
>>  >
> className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReplicationTransmitter">
>>  >                   <Transport
>>  >
> className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender"
>>  > timeout="60000" keepAliveCount="0"/>
>>  >              </Sender>
>>  >              <Interceptor
>>  >
>>
> className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector"/>
>>  >              <Interceptor
>>  >
>>
> className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.MessageDispatch15Interc
>>  > eptor"/>
>>  >              <Interceptor
>>  >
>>
> className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.ThroughputInterceptor"/
>>  > >
>>  >            </Channel>
>>  >          <Valve
> className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.ReplicationValve"
>>  >
>>  >
>>
> filter=".*\.gif|.*\.js|.*\.jpeg|.*\.jpg|.*\.png|.*\.htm|.*\.html|.*\.css|.*\.txt
>>  > "/>
>>  >          <Valve
>>  >
> className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteBinderValve"/>
>>  >        <ClusterListener
>>  >
> className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.ClusterSessionListener"/>
>>  >        <ClusterListener
>>  >
>>
> className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteSessionIDBinderListener"/>
>>  >      </Cluster>
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > Note: 192.168.3.14 is the IP of backup manager with java &
> 192.168.3.9 is
>>  > the IP address of local tomcat where above server.xml is hosted.
>>  >
>>  > Please guide us as to how to overcome the issue & please give us
> the
>>  sample
>>  > <cluster>   </cluster>  file if possible.
>>  >
>>
>>  Hi Dhaval,
>>
>>  you have to set a multicast ip address for the "address"
> attribute of the
>>  McastService. A multicast address looks like 224.x.x.x.
>>
>>  Take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multicast_address for further
>>  details.
>>
>>  The Tomcat cluster uses multicast for the management of the cluster member.
>>
>>  Thomas
>>
> <http://www.via.com/>
>

. . . . just my two cents.
/mde/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org




--

Inline image 2

Dhaval | Database & System

E: dhaval.jaiswal@via.com| T: 080 4043 3000 | M: +91 - 8095 397 843

all-icon.jpg