tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: Tomcat6 thread pool questions
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 17:39:35 GMT
Forgive me if my first message was unclear.

I have an executor and an AJP connector set up.

<Executor name="tomcatThreadPool" namePrefix="catalina-exec-"
maxThreads="300" minSpareThreads="30"/>

<Connector executor="tomcatThreadPool" port="8009"

When I watch it with psi-Probe, I can see that it is indeed killing idle
threads as I expect it to.  What I am not seeing is the minSpareThreads
attribute being honored as I expect it to, though it may very well be that
my understanding of how this is supposed to work is what is wrong.

When I monitor this, I do not see any spare threads being fired up in
advance, nor do I see the thread count being much more than 1 or 2 higher
than the busy thread count.

If I have minSpareThread set to 30, shouldn't that mean that the server
keeps at least 30 non active threads around?

Or is it that I am just looking at the wrong thing or using the wrong tool?

Lee Lowder
O'Reilly Auto Parts
Web Systems Administrator
(417) 862-2674 x1858

This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by Communications Privacy
Act 18 USCS  2510, solely for the use of the intended recipient, and may contain legally
privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please return or destroy it immediately.
Thank you.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message