tomcat-users mailing list archives

From GIORGI Olivier <Olivier.GIO...@3ds.com>
Subject Load balancing & session affinity (QUERY)
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:37:29 GMT
Hello to all,

I am using Apache 2.2.21 & Tomcat 6.0.29

1) Schema: Load balancer (Apache.2.2.21) -> 1st appli (Tomcat 6.0.29)
-> 2nd appli. (Tomcat 6.0.29)

2) Using the following configuration, my load balancing is stateless instead of statefull
(having a look at the logs).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ProxyRequests Off
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>
<IfModule log_config_module>
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{UNIQUE_ID}e\" \"%{BALANCER_WORKER_ROUTE}e\"" logjyc
CustomLog logs/jyc_log logjyc
</IfModule>
ProxyPass /MCSRootURI balancer://MCSCluster stickysession=JSESSIONID nofailover=Off
<Proxy balancer://MCSCluster >
BalancerMember http://workstation1:MCSPort1/MCSRootURI route=host1
BalancerMember http://MCSServer2:MCSPort2/MCSRootURI route=host2
</Proxy>
ProxyPassReverse /MCSRootURI http://MCSServer1:MCSPort1/MCSRootURI
ProxyPassReverse /MCSRootURI http://MCSServer2:MCSPort2/MCSRootURI
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Query
=> What have i missed on Apache or Tomcat side to get JSESSIONID taken into account then
have a statefull load balancing ?

4) Bypass: using the following configuration my load balancing is this time statefull (having
a look at the logs).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ProxyRequests Off
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>
<IfModule log_config_module>
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{UNIQUE_ID}e\" \"%{BALANCER_WORKER_ROUTE}e\"" logjyc
CustomLog logs/jyc_log logjyc
</IfModule>
SetEnvIf ^Cookie$ "MYCOOKIE=([^ ;]*)" VARCOOKIE=$1
Header add Set-Cookie "MYCOOKIE=%{UNIQUE_ID}e.%{BALANCER_WORKER_ROUTE}e; path=/" env=!VARCOOKIE
ProxyPass /MCSRootURI balancer://MCSCluster stickysession=MYCOOKIE nofailover=Off
<Proxy balancer://MCSCluster >
BalancerMember http://MCSServer1:MCSPort1/MCSRootURI route=host1
BalancerMember http://MCSServer2:MCSPort2/MCSRootURI route=host2
</Proxy>
ProxyPassReverse /MCSRootURI http://MCSServer1:MCSPort1/MCSRootURI
ProxyPassReverse /MCSRootURI http://MCSServer2:MCSPort2/MCSRootURI

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards Olivier.

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Systemes does not accept or assume any liability or responsibility for any
use of or reliance on this email.

For other languages, go to http://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer