tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leigh Anderson <>
Subject Tomcat7-maven-plugin 2.0-beta1 and useSeparateTomcatClassloader fails with run goal
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 06:48:14 GMT
Hi All,

I'm trying to start a web application with 'mvn tomcat7:run'. It seems
that with the configuration below it fails with the following error:

	[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-beta-1:run (default-cli)
on project mantis-test-web-app: No such archiver: 'jar'. -> [Help 1]
	[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
-e switch.

I have also tried
	* 'mvn tomcat:run-war', which seems to get past this point, but then the
application will not start because the 'additionalClasspathDir' property
is not supported by the 'run-war' goal.
	* removing 'useSeparateTomcatClassLoader' which then doesn't load the
Spring instrumenting class loader required to use AspectJ LTW, specified
context.xml. I have confirmed that I get the same 'no such archiver' error
if I remove the
context.xml, so I don't believe this to be the cause.

Is there something I've missed in the configuration?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message