tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leigh Anderson <Leigh.Ander...@betfair.com>
Subject Tomcat7-maven-plugin 2.0-beta1 and useSeparateTomcatClassloader fails with run goal
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 06:48:14 GMT
Hi All,

I'm trying to start a web application with 'mvn tomcat7:run'. It seems
that with the configuration below it fails with the following error:

	[INFO]
	[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-beta-1:run (default-cli)
on project mantis-test-web-app: No such archiver: 'jar'. -> [Help 1]
	[ERROR]
	[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
-e switch.

I have also tried
	* 'mvn tomcat:run-war', which seems to get past this point, but then the
application will not start because the 'additionalClasspathDir' property
is not supported by the 'run-war' goal.
	* removing 'useSeparateTomcatClassLoader' which then doesn't load the
Spring instrumenting class loader required to use AspectJ LTW, specified
in
context.xml. I have confirmed that I get the same 'no such archiver' error
if I remove the
context.xml, so I don't believe this to be the cause.

Is there something I've missed in the configuration?

Cheers,
Leigh

                    <plugin>
                        <groupId>org.apache.tomcat.maven</groupId>
                        <artifactId>tomcat7-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                        <version>2.0-beta-1</version>
                        <configuration>
                            <systemProperties>
				<log4j.defaultInitOverride>true</log4j.defaultInitOverride>
                                <HOSTNAME>localhost</HOSTNAME>
                                <port.http>9090</port.http>
                                <port.https>8443</port.https>
                            </systemProperties>
                            <port>9090</port>
                            <httpsPort>8443</httpsPort>
                            <path>/</path>
                            <useTestClasspath>false</useTestClasspath>
                            <additionalClasspathDirs>

<additionalClasspathDir>${project.basedir}/config</additionalClasspathDir>
                            </additionalClasspathDirs>

<useSeparateTomcatClassLoader>true</useSeparateTomcatClassLoader>
                        </configuration>
                        <dependencies>
                            <dependency>
                                <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>

				<artifactId>spring-instrument-tomcat</artifactId>
                                <version>${spring.version}</version>
                            </dependency>
                        </dependencies>
                    </plugin>