tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 Maven plugin: deploy fails with tomcatManager status code:401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 22:54:37 GMT
Hello,
Currently, I cannot reproduce.
Do you have more logs/details from your tomcat instance ?
Especially: $CATALINA_HOME/logs/localhost_access_log.yyyy-MM-dd.txt
and entries corresponding to the deployment
Are you passing tru a http server which is proxying/redirecting to the
Tomcat instance ?
What kind of deployment are you doing ? one with contextFile parameter ?

2012/4/6 Matt Munz <matt.m.munz@gmail.com>:
> Olivier,
>
>  OK.  Thanks.  So with the 2.0-SNAPSHOT version I am getting the same error (HTTP
401). [1]  Interestingly, the plugin output makes it look like the WAR file was uploaded
but when I visit the Manager, I can see that it is not deployed.

>  Do you have any thoughts about what I can do to debug this further?  I'd really like
to get this working.

> [1]
> [INFO] Deploying war to http://localhost:8080/
> Uploading: http://localhost:8080/manager/html/deploy?path=%2F
> Uploaded: http://localhost:8080/manager/html/deploy?path=%2F (9555 KB at 33760.1 KB/sec)
> [INFO] tomcatManager status code:401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized
>
>  Matt
>

> On Apr 4, 2012, at 12:23 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> Have a look here:
>> http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.0-SNAPSHOT/snapshot-test.html
>>
>> 2012/4/4 Matt Munz <matt.m.munz@gmail.com>:
>>> Olivier,
>>>
>>>  I made that change to settings.xml and now I'm getting a different error. [1]
 How can I find out where this plugin is stored?  Perhaps there is a problem with the repository
or my repository configuration.

>>> [1]
>>> [WARNING] The POM for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT
is missing, no dependency information available
>>> [WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:
Plugin org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT
>>> [WARNING] The POM for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT
is missing, no dependency information available
>>> [ERROR] Plugin org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT or one
of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT:
Could not find artifact org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:pom:2.0-SNAPSHOT ->
[Help 1]

>>>  Matt Munz

I got an error saying that the tomcat7 prefix was not found. [1]  Then I tried "mvn  tomcat:deploy
-Dusername=Administrator -Dpassword=a" and I got a 403 response from the manager.

in the plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories
[local (/Users/mattmunz/.m2/repository), central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)] -> [Help
1]
(default-cli) on project ...: Cannot invoke Tomcat manager: Server returned HTTP response
code: 403 for URL: http://localhost:8080/manager/deploy?path=%2F...&war= -> [Help 1]

getting an authorization problem.[1]  Here's the command that I'm running. [2]  Here's the
relevant snippet from tomcat-users.xml. [3]  From the browser I am able to log on to the
Manager with this account without problems.