tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 Maven plugin: deploy fails with tomcatManager status code:401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 07:26:00 GMT
Hi,
Can you try with: mvn tomcat7:deploy -Dtomcat.username=Administrator
-Dtomcat.password=a

See Mojo documentation:
http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.0-SNAPSHOT/tomcat7-maven-plugin/deploy-mojo.html

2012/4/13 Matt Munz <matt.m.munz@gmail.com>:
> Olivier,
>
>  When I try to deploy from Maven, the following message appears in the access log. [1]
 There are no other messages in any of the other logs for this event.

> [1] 127.0.0.1 - - [12/Apr/2012:21:15:59 -0700] "PUT /manager/html/deploy?path=%2F HTTP/1.1"
401 2550

>  Matt
>
> On Apr 12, 2012, at 6:46 PM, Matt Munz wrote:
>
>> Olivier,
>>
>>   Thanks for getting to this.
>>
>>> Do you have more logs/details from your tomcat instance ?
>>> Especially: $CATALINA_HOME/logs/localhost_access_log.yyyy-MM-dd.txt
>>> and entries corresponding to the deployment
>>
>>   I will collect these and send them in a subsequent email.
>>
>>> Are you passing tru a http server which is proxying/redirecting to the
>>> Tomcat instance ?
>>
>>   Nope.  This is on an OS X machine.  All I did was install Tomcat 7 in a local
directory, modify tomcat-users.xml as I described below, and start Tomcat.

>>> What kind of deployment are you doing ? one with contextFile parameter ?
>>
>>   No, I'm just using the parameters I mentioned previously. [1]
>>
>> [1] mvn tomcat7:deploy -Dusername=Administrator -Dpassword=a
>>
>>   Matt
>>
>> On Apr 12, 2012, at 3:54 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> Currently, I cannot reproduce.
>>> Do you have more logs/details from your tomcat instance ?
>>> Especially: $CATALINA_HOME/logs/localhost_access_log.yyyy-MM-dd.txt
>>> and entries corresponding to the deployment
>>> Are you passing tru a http server which is proxying/redirecting to the
>>> Tomcat instance ?
>>> What kind of deployment are you doing ? one with contextFile parameter ?

error (HTTP 401). [1]  Interestingly, the plugin output makes it look like the WAR file was
uploaded but when I visit the Manager, I can see that it is not deployed.

really like to get this working.

error. [1]  How can I find out where this plugin is stored?  Perhaps there is a problem
with the repository or my repository configuration.

is missing, no dependency information available
Plugin org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT
is missing, no dependency information available
or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT:
Could not find artifact org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:pom:2.0-SNAPSHOT ->
[Help 1]

:(  First I got an error saying that the tomcat7 prefix was not found. [1]  Then I tried
"mvn  tomcat:deploy -Dusername=Administrator -Dpassword=a" and I got a 403 response from
the manager.

project and in the plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from
the repositories [local (/Users/mattmunz/.m2/repository), central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)]
-> [Help 1]
(default-cli) on project ...: Cannot invoke Tomcat manager: Server returned HTTP response
code: 403 for URL: http://localhost:8080/manager/deploy?path=%2F...&war= -> [Help 1]

work and I'm getting an authorization problem.[1]  Here's the command that I'm running. [2]
 Here's the relevant snippet from tomcat-users.xml. [3]  From the browser I am able to log
on to the Manager with this account without problems.