tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 Maven plugin: deploy fails with tomcatManager status code:401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 06:48:44 GMT
Hello,
With version from codehaus manager url for tomcat7 is not correct.
(see http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-plugin/examples/deployment-tomcat7.html)

Regarding the plugin prefix trouble, you have two solutions to use the
correct version:

* use the full cli: mvn
org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:deploy
* configure your settings.xml with the entry

  <pluginGroups>
    <pluginGroup>org.apache.tomcat.maven</pluginGroup>
  </pluginGroups>

HTH,
--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

2012/4/3 Matt Munz <matt.m.munz@gmail.com>:
> Olivier,
>
>  After switching to 2.0-SNAPSHOT, I am still getting errors :(  First I got an error
saying that the tomcat7 prefix was not found. [1]  Then I tried "mvn  tomcat:deploy -Dusername=Administrator
-Dpassword=a" and I got a 403 response from the manager.

> [1]
> [ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'tomcat7' in the current project and in the plugin
groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories [local
(/Users/mattmunz/.m2/repository), central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)] -> [Help 1]
> [2]
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:tomcat-maven-plugin:1.1:deploy (default-cli)
on project ...: Cannot invoke Tomcat manager: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for

>  Matt
>
> On Apr 2, 2012, at 4:16 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I have fixed few things related to deployment in trunk.
>> Could you test with current 2.0-SNAPSHOT ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> --
>> Olivier Lamy
>> Talend: http://coders.talend.com
>>
>> 2012/4/2 Matt Munz <matt.m.munz@gmail.com>:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>>  I'm trying to get the Tomcat 7 Maven plugin to work and I'm getting an authorization
problem.[1]  Here's the command that I'm running. [2]  Here's the relevant snippet from
tomcat-users.xml. [3]  From the browser I am able to log on to the Manager with this account
without problems.