tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 Maven plugin: deploy fails with tomcatManager status code:401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 07:23:42 GMT
Hello,
Have a look here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.0-SNAPSHOT/snapshot-test.html

2012/4/4 Matt Munz <matt.m.munz@gmail.com>:
> Olivier,
>
>  I made that change to settings.xml and now I'm getting a different error. [1]  How
can I find out where this plugin is stored?  Perhaps there is a problem with the repository
or my repository configuration.

> [1]
> [WARNING] The POM for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT is
missing, no dependency information available
> [WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:
Plugin org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT
> [WARNING] The POM for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT is
missing, no dependency information available
> [ERROR] Plugin org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its
dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT:
Could not find artifact org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:pom:2.0-SNAPSHOT ->
[Help 1]

>  Matt Munz
>
> On Apr 2, 2012, at 11:48 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> With version from codehaus manager url for tomcat7 is not correct.
>> (see http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-plugin/examples/deployment-tomcat7.html)
>>
>> Regarding the plugin prefix trouble, you have two solutions to use the
>> correct version:
>>
>> * use the full cli: mvn
>> org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:deploy
>> * configure your settings.xml with the entry
>>
>>  <pluginGroups>
>>    <pluginGroup>org.apache.tomcat.maven</pluginGroup>
>>  </pluginGroups>
>>

>> HTH,
>> --
>> Olivier Lamy
>> Talend: http://coders.talend.com
>>
>> 2012/4/3 Matt Munz <matt.m.munz@gmail.com>:
>>> Olivier,
>>>
>>>  After switching to 2.0-SNAPSHOT, I am still getting errors :(  First I got
an error saying that the tomcat7 prefix was not found. [1]  Then I tried "mvn  tomcat:deploy
-Dusername=Administrator -Dpassword=a" and I got a 403 response from the manager.

>>> [1]
>>> [ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'tomcat7' in the current project and in the
plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories
[local (/Users/mattmunz/.m2/repository), central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)] -> [Help
1]
>>> [2]
>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:tomcat-maven-plugin:1.1:deploy
(default-cli) on project ...: Cannot invoke Tomcat manager: Server returned HTTP response
code: 403 for URL: http://localhost:8080/manager/deploy?path=%2F...&war= -> [Help 1]

>>>  Matt

an authorization problem.[1]  Here's the command that I'm running. [2]  Here's the relevant
snippet from tomcat-users.xml. [3]  From the browser I am able to log on to the Manager with
this account without problems.