tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lazar Kirchev <lazar.kirc...@gmail.com>
Subject Using ServletContainerInitializer for 2.5 applications
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 12:10:21 GMT
Hello,

In servlet 3.0 specification ServletContainerInitilizer class is defined to
allow programatic addition of servlet/filters/listeners. I am using a
ServletContextInitializer to add a ServletContextListener to the
ServletContext. I use Tomcat 7.0.25. This works fine if the web.xml major
version is 3, but if it is 2 it does not work. I checked the
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig code and it seems that
ServletContainerInitializers are added to the StandardContext only if the
major version is >= 3 (in an if-statement in the webConfig() method). Could
you help me with this?

Regards,
Lazar