tomcat-users mailing list archives

From S Ahmed <sahmed1...@gmail.com>
Subject jdbc pool properties
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 11:08:39 GMT
My db connections seem to be lost after an extended period of inactivity
(for a web application).  And the only way to get the connections to work
again is to restart tomcat.

My tomcat.jdbc.pool.Datasource settings have:

 <property name="maxActive" value="100"/>
        <property name="maxIdle" value="30"/>
        <property name="maxWait" value="1000"/>
        <property name="defaultAutoCommit" value="true"/>
        <property name="removeAbandoned" value="true"/>
        <property name="removeAbandonedTimeout" value="60"/>

Is it the removedAbonded and abandonedTimeout?  Does it mean "after 60
seconds, remove the connection from the pool?

I guess what I need is a minActive setting then?