tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Classpath issues with Embedded Tomcat 7
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 22:09:29 GMT
2012/4/20 Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>:
>> From: Adam Gordon [mailto:adam.n.gordon@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: Classpath issues with Embedded Tomcat 7
>
>> it's creating tomcat.9090 in the same directory as my
>> web application.
>
> That looks like the pid file used for shutting down Tomcat via scripts.  I don't think
that has anything to do with what Tomcat uses for JSP compilations.

Citing from Tomcat.java:
[[[
    /**
     * Tomcat needs a directory for temp files. This should be the
     * first method called.
     *
     * By default, if this method is not called, we use:
     *  - system properties - catalina.base, catalina.home
     *  - $PWD/tomcat.$PORT
     * (/tmp doesn't seem a good choice for security).
     *
     * TODO: disable work dir if not needed ( no jsp, etc ).
     */
    public void setBaseDir(String basedir) {
        this.basedir = basedir;
    }
]]]

There is code somewhere in that class that implements what is written
in the above javadoc.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko