tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with making HTTP KeepAlive work
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:58:36 GMT
2012/4/12 Mehdi Sarmadi <msarmadi@gmail.com>:
>
>  I just setup a tomcat 7 on linux for test. I just used this connection
> property in server.xml
>
> here is out connector
> <Connector maxKeepAliveRequests=-1 port="7070" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
> allowTrace="false" connectionTimeout="20000" clientAuth="false" />
>
> , but when we try to connect from a client "Firefox" in my case,
> "Connection: Keep-Alive" is sent in the Request by Browser but "Connection:
> Keep-Alive" is not visible in the HTTP Response Headers, which obviously
> coming from weblogic. I use HTTPFox plugin.
>
>  So I guess that  that config does not work. Something seems to be missing.
>  Any suggestion for making HTTP KeepAlive work in Tomcat?
>

Connection: Keep-Alive  header has different meaning.

It is needed only when you have Keep-Alive: header as well so that
"Keep-Alive" header value is not lost at proxies.

Keep alive feature of HTTP/1.1 does not need to be specified in the
response. It is "on" by default. See RFC2616 aka HTTP/1.1
specification.


By the way:
1. You are missing quotes around "-1". The above is broken XML.
2. You will get the same response even if you remove the
maxKeepAliveRequests attribute.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message