tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: Using ServletContainerInitializer for 2.5 applications
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:34:10 GMT
2012/4/11 Konstantin Kolinko <>:
> 2012/4/11 Lazar Kirchev <>:
>> I want the ServletContainerInitializer to be called for all applications I
>> deploy, not only with web.xml version 3.0, but also with lower version. Is
>> this possible?
> 2. You would even be able to load the class that implements that
> interface. The "ServletContainerInitializer" class is in
> "javax.servlet" package and it will be absent.
> The spec forbids you from bundling your own servlet-api.jar.

My apologies that I've misread your question.

(I though you were asking about deploying your thing on Tomcat 6.
There was several questions like that recently and I missed the point.

Instead of that you are asking about behaviour of 2.5 webapp on Tomcat 7).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: