tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 7.0.25 to 7.0.27 requires -Xmx32m to go to -Xmx512m
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 12:08:42 GMT
2012/4/13  <markt@apache.org>:

> The specification requires that every class and its hierarchy is scanned for annotations
when the web app start. It was the Spring folks complaining about the slow start time when
we didn't cache anything during the scan process.

> As I have said before:
> - If you don't need to scan jars, add them to the skip list. If they are common jars
tell us what they are and we'll add them.

or add metadata-complete="true" to the root element of your web.xml

> - If you do need to scan them the memory usage is the price you pay for fast startup.
I have not reviewed the cache code to see if it could be more efficient.

Everybody else can help here. It is opensource.

BTW, here are patterns that I use in some of my configurations
(configured for Spring 2.5, 3.0 applications).

I have not run all my apps on 7.0.27 yet, but some run on 7.0.27 already.

Line ends added for readability.

I have not reviewed Spring 3.1 yet.

aopalliance-*.jar,
cglib-*.jar,
spring-security-acl-2.*.jar,
spring-security-catalina-2.*.jar,
spring-security-core-2.*.jar,
spring-security-core-tiger-2.*.jar,
spring-security-acl-3.*.jar,
spring-security-aspects-3.*.jar,
spring-security-cas-client-3.*.jar,
spring-security-config-3.*.jar,
spring-security-core-3.*.jar,
spring-security-ldap-3.*.jar,
spring-security-openid-3.*.jar,
spring-security-web-3.*.jar,
spring.jar,
spring-2.*.jar,
spring-aop*.jar,
spring-beans*.jar,
spring-context*.jar,
spring-core*.jar,
spring-jdbc*.jar,
spring-jms*.jar,
spring-orm*.jar,
spring-test*.jar,
spring-tx*.jar,
spring-web.jar,
spring-web-2.*.jar,
spring-webmvc-portlet*.jar,
spring-webmvc-struts*.jar,
org.springframework.aop-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.asm-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.aspects-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.beans-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.context.support-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.context-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.core-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.expression-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.instrument.tomcat-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.instrument-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.jdbc-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.jms-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.orm-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.oxm-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.test-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.transaction-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.web.portlet-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.web.struts-3.*.jar,
org.springframework.web-3.*.jar,

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko