tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matt Munz <matt.m.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 Maven plugin: deploy fails with tomcatManager status code:401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 05:05:31 GMT
Olivier,

  I made that change to settings.xml and now I'm getting a different error. [1]  How can I
find out where this plugin is stored?  Perhaps there is a problem with the repository or my
repository configuration.

[1]
[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT is missing,
no dependency information available
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:
Plugin org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT
[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT is missing,
no dependency information available
[ERROR] Plugin org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT:
Could not find artifact org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:pom:2.0-SNAPSHOT ->
[Help 1]

  Matt Munz

On Apr 2, 2012, at 11:48 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> Hello,
> With version from codehaus manager url for tomcat7 is not correct.
> (see http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-plugin/examples/deployment-tomcat7.html)
>
> Regarding the plugin prefix trouble, you have two solutions to use the
> correct version:
>
> * use the full cli: mvn
> org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:deploy
> * configure your settings.xml with the entry
>
>  <pluginGroups>
>    <pluginGroup>org.apache.tomcat.maven</pluginGroup>
>  </pluginGroups>
>

> HTH,
> --
> Olivier Lamy
> Talend: http://coders.talend.com
>
> 2012/4/3 Matt Munz <matt.m.munz@gmail.com>:
>> Olivier,
>>
>>  After switching to 2.0-SNAPSHOT, I am still getting errors :(  First I got an error
saying that the tomcat7 prefix was not found. [1]  Then I tried "mvn  tomcat:deploy -Dusername=Administrator
-Dpassword=a" and I got a 403 response from the manager.

>> [1]
>> [ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'tomcat7' in the current project and in the plugin
groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories [local
(/Users/mattmunz/.m2/repository), central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)] -> [Help 1]
>> [2]
>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:tomcat-maven-plugin:1.1:deploy (default-cli)
on project ...: Cannot invoke Tomcat manager: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for

>>  Matt
>>
>> On Apr 2, 2012, at 4:16 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I have fixed few things related to deployment in trunk.
>>> Could you test with current 2.0-SNAPSHOT ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> --
>>> Olivier Lamy
>>> Talend: http://coders.talend.com

problem.[1]  Here's the command that I'm running. [2]  Here's the relevant snippet from tomcat-users.xml.
[3]  From the browser I am able to log on to the Manager with this account without problems.