tomcat-users mailing list archives

From amine20 <amin...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: PLZ help: i've issue with SSL TOMCAT
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:12:30 GMT

Hi,

i fixed the problem with SSL-TOMCAT6, yes the first cause is that the permissions on
the file don't allow the Tomcat user to
load the keystore file [as you see to me ( i'll give youhaz burger) :) ].

but the second & big cause is that keystool generate a "gkr" kind of format while it must
be jks format by default.
Why: because i use the java installed by the debian package, i've tried to use .bin java installed
from the officiel website,
so and all works.

thank you for your help.

> i thank i need some file *.jar to add in

> ----/tomcat6/webapps/cas/WEB-INF/lib?

> i m wrong ??

Yes, you're wrong.  Read Igor's email again.

You've put the keystore in the /root directory which should not be

accessible to Tomcat.  Move it to tomcat/conf and change the path

reference to it.

Also check that the permissions on the file allow the Tomcat user* to

read the file.

Once you've done that Tomcat will start, but the certificate probably

won't work because you appear to have put the application name 'cas' in

the Common Name field - which should contain the hostname.

You put the hostname in Organization Name field, where it is not used.

*  Because you're not running Tomcat using 'root' right?

** Can I haz burger?

> --

[key:62590808]

		http://tomcat.10.n6.nabble.com/PLZ-help-i-ve-issue-with-SSL-TOMCAT-tp4889811p4891543.html

		To unsubscribe from PLZ help: i've issue with SSL TOMCAT, click here.

		NAML