tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dilip Shah" <dilipvs...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: catalina.out file is growing very rapidly! How to prevent Hibernate's INFO and DEBUG statements from getting added to catalina.out file?
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 23:36:28 GMT
Mark,

Thanks for the comments and suggestions... very much appreciated.

About your comment '3. log4j.properties part 2'...
I do have application specific log4j.properties in the application's
WEB-INF/classes/ folder and I'm happy with the logging that's taking place
in the specified log file in ${catalina.base}/logs/
The problem is that there seem to be one / several jar files that I use in
my application that are adding vast number of INFO and DEBUG statements in
catalina.out
I'm unable to determine how this is happening and how to prevent it. These
log entries have patterns that are completely different from the one I've
defined in my application's log4j.properties

Example of statement that I log from my application from the application's
log file ${catalina.base}/logs/SmartCloudLearningMobi.log
[ INFO] 2012-04-20 03:17:25
(ResourceServiceImpl.java:getResourceTypes:210) - Returning the following
resource types:
Video
Audio
Image
Document

Whereas example of the 'mysterious' log statements from
${catalina.base}/logs/catalina.out
01:52:46.050 [main] DEBUG org.hibernate.cfg.Ejb3Column - Binding column:
Ejb3Column{table=org.hibernate.mapping.Table(organizationSubject),
mappingColumn=subject, insertable=true, updatable=true, unique=false}
01:52:46.050 [main] DEBUG o.h.cfg.annotations.PropertyBinder - Building
property subject
01:52:46.051 [main] INFO  org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationBinder - Binding
entity from annotated class:
com.knownomy.scl.organization.domain.OrganizationRelationship
01:52:46.051 [main] DEBUG org.hibernate.cfg.Ejb3Column - Binding column:
Ejb3DiscriminatorColumn{logicalColumnName'DTYPE',
discriminatorTypeName='string'}

Dilip