tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dilip Shah" <dilipvs...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: catalina.out file is growing very rapidly! How to prevent Hibernate's INFO and DEBUG statements from getting added to catalina.out file?
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:59:54 GMT
ok, the issue is resolved!

Konstantin,
Your observation that output in catalina.out in Linux Live environment is
different from console output in my Windows development environment
and
your statement "You have some mess in your common/lib"
prompted me to compare jar files in both the environments.
Just to check, I replaced entire content of common/lib on the Live server
with the content from Development environment and voila... it worked! No
more unwanted INFO and DEBUG statements in catalina.out! Thanks you very
very much!

I spent some more time to find out who the culprit was. I had the following
files from Xuggler (video manipulation library)  build I had done on the
CentOS server a couple of years ago in the Live server's common/lib folder:
* slf4j-api.jar
* logback-classic.jar
* logback-core.jar

Even though I had these these jar files for the last couple of years, I
didn't encounter any issues but it looks like the last changes to my
application 'triggered' these new INFO and DEBUG statements in catalina.out.
I suspect that Spring's @Autowired, @JsonIgnore  starts adding this INFO and
DEBUG statements when you have this particular version of slf4j-api.jar and
the other 2 jar files mentioned above.

It's still a bit mysterious to me but I'm going to spent my time and effort
on moving application related jar files out of Tomcat's common/lib to the
application's WEB-INF/lib and then on upgrading to Tomcat 7

I really appreciate all the help I got in helping me solve this issue. I
haven't seen this level of participation and received this level of support
in any other forums I have interacted with over the last 3-4 years!

Dilip Shah