tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Capturing System.out on a Mac
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 19:21:21 GMT
> From: Dola Woolfe [mailto:dolachin@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Re: Capturing System.out on a Mac

> I appreciate the point about logging, but what if I am using a
> library that utilizes System.out?

Then you really, really need to file a bug report with the maintainers of the library for
writing anti-social code.  In the meantime, you can modify the Tomcat startup script to redirect
stdout to a pipe, and have one of the widely available utilities listen on that pipe and write
it to a rotatable log file.

 - Chuck