tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: JasperException: The value for the useBean class ___ attribute is invalid
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 03:45:28 GMT
> From: Chris Patterson [mailto:tomcat@vittox.com]
> Subject: Re: JasperException: The value for the useBean class ___ attribute is invalid

> Renamed Test-03 to ROOT.war
> Deleted the /WEB-INF folder in the appBase directory AND all other JSPs
> (inluding sub-directories)
> Changed the server.xml file deleting the following context element:
> <Context path="" reloadable="true" docBase="/home/domain/public_html"
> debug="1"/>

All the above were definitely the right things to do.

> Still have the context element for the manager:
> <Context path="/manager" debug="0" privileged="true"
>         docBase="/usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/server/webapps/manager">
> </Context>

That should be removed as well.  The proper location for the <Context> element is in
conf/[host]/manager.xml, removing the path element and the long unused debug element.

> So I see the following directories in the appBase (public_html) folder:

> images

This is essentially treated as another webapp.  If you also have an images directory inside
ROOT.war, the one under the appBase takes precedence.  If you want to use the one from ROOT.war,
remove the images directory from public_html.

> index.htm

Remove index.htm; it serves no purpose here.

> ROOT
> ROOT.war

This is the proper location for both (ROOT is just the expanded ROOT.war).

> I hope this is correct way ?

Certainly much better.

> Before this configuration I allways worked with different distribution:
> images
> index.html
> prg1.jsp
> subdir (subdir/prg2.jsp)
> WEB-INF

Those are all items that belong _inside_ a webapp, not at the appBase level.  Only individual
webapps may be located immediately under the appBase directory.

 - Chuck