tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: JasperException: The value for the useBean class ___ attribute is invalid
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 19:49:01 GMT
> From: Chris Patterson [mailto:tomcat@vittox.com]
> Subject: Re: JasperException: The value for the useBean class ___ attribute is invalid

> So configuration actually is as follows:

> <Host name="server.com" appBase="/home/server/public_html">
> <Alias>www.server.com</Alias>

If you only have one <Host>, no <Alias> is needed.

> <Context path="" reloadable="true" docBase="." debug="1"/>
> <Context path="/manager" debug="0" privileged="true"
>                docBase="/usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/server/webapps/manager">
> </Context>

Please, please read the documentation for the Tomcat version you're using.  <Context>
elements should NOT be placed in server.xml, there is no debug attribute for <Context>,
and a docBase attribute of "." is completely bogus.  Start again.

I still can't figure out exactly what you intend the default webapp (ROOT) to be.

 - Chuck