tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: adding a global URI prefix for Tomcat web apps
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 22:56:10 GMT
> From: ron.vandenbranden@home [mailto:ron.vandenbranden@kantl.be]
> Subject: Re: adding a global URI prefix for Tomcat web apps

> I have my webapps located at F:\tomcatApps (so outside of the catalina
> tree), where 'my_app' lives in a folder named 'apps#my_app'. So I'm
> specifying this in ${catalina.base}/conf/server.xml:

> <Host name="localhost" appBase="F:/tomcatApps" unpackWARs="true"
> autoDeploy="false" deployOnStartup="false">

But now they're _inside_ Tomcat's space, since you specified an appBase pointing to them.
 Put appBase back to what it was.  Note that Konstantin did not tell you to change that.

> Next, I create following file at
> ${catalina.base}/conf/Catalina/localhost/apps#my_app:
>    <Context docBase="/my_app/" />
> (as I understand from the docs that the @docbase value must be relative
> to the Host's @appBase).

Not when you specify a leading slash.  However, you need to place these apps _outside_ of
the <Host> appBase, not inside it, and you should specify the complete (absolute) path
to the webapp.  (The webapp must be outside of appBase in order to make the # trick work and
not confuse Cocoon.)

 - Chuck