tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <souvik.da...@wipro.com>
Subject Accessing USB drive content from pages served from tomcat6 server
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 04:23:58 GMT
Hi,

I have a NPAPI plugin which gets a notification from my middleware whenever a USB MSD device
is connected to the system. The HTML page which loads the plug-in then plays the Media (audio/video/pictures)
that are present in the USB drive. This html page is served from a local tomcat server (the
same PC to which the USB MSD device has been connected). To enable access to USB Device from
the HTML page (served from tomcat6 server), I have added following lines in /etc/tomcat6/server.xml
(in Ubuntu 10.10):

<Context path="/usb_0" docBase="/media/WCF/usb_0/"/>

<Context path="/usb_1" docBase="/media/WCF/usb_1/"/>

<Context path="/usb_2" docBase="/media/WCF/usb_2/"/>

<Context path="/usb_3" docBase="/media/WCF/usb_3/"/>

<Context path="/usb_4" docBase="/media/WCF/usb_4/"/>

<Context path="/albumart" docBase="/mnt/WCFRamDisk/"/>

When I am pluggin in the first USB device (which is mounted at /media/WCF/usb_0), I am able
to access the device content from my HTML page (served from my tomcat6 server ) but when I
am connecting the second USB device which is mounted at /media/WCF/usb_1, I am not able to
access its content.

In the browser when I am trying to check the content of http://localhost:8080/usb_1/ by typing
the URL in the address bar, I am getting error resource not available. For usb_0, I am able
to see the resources.

Can some please tell me whether I am missing any tomcat6 server specific configuration here?
I have tried restarting tomcat6 server but the result is the same. Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Souvik

of this message and any attachments.

www.wipro.com