tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matt Munz <matt.m.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 Maven plugin: deploy fails with tomcatManager status code:401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 02:17:08 GMT
Olivier,

  OK.  Thanks.  So with the 2.0-SNAPSHOT version I am getting the same error (HTTP 401). [1]
 Interestingly, the plugin output makes it look like the WAR file was uploaded but when I
visit the Manager, I can see that it is not deployed.

  Do you have any thoughts about what I can do to debug this further?  I'd really like to
get this working.

[1]
[INFO] Deploying war to http://localhost:8080/
Uploading: http://localhost:8080/manager/html/deploy?path=%2F
Uploaded: http://localhost:8080/manager/html/deploy?path=%2F (9555 KB at 33760.1 KB/sec)
[INFO] tomcatManager status code:401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized

  Matt

On Apr 4, 2012, at 12:23 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> Hello,
> Have a look here:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.0-SNAPSHOT/snapshot-test.html
>
> 2012/4/4 Matt Munz <matt.m.munz@gmail.com>:
>> Olivier,
>>
>>  I made that change to settings.xml and now I'm getting a different error. [1]  How
can I find out where this plugin is stored?  Perhaps there is a problem with the repository
or my repository configuration.

>> [1]
>> [WARNING] The POM for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT
is missing, no dependency information available
>> [WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:
Plugin org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT
>> [WARNING] The POM for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT
is missing, no dependency information available
>> [ERROR] Plugin org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT or one of
its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:jar:2.0-SNAPSHOT:
Could not find artifact org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:pom:2.0-SNAPSHOT ->
[Help 1]

>>  Matt Munz
>>
>> On Apr 2, 2012, at 11:48 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> With version from codehaus manager url for tomcat7 is not correct.
>>> (see http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-plugin/examples/deployment-tomcat7.html)
>>>
>>> Regarding the plugin prefix trouble, you have two solutions to use the
>>> correct version:
>>>
>>> * use the full cli: mvn
>>> org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:deploy
>>> * configure your settings.xml with the entry
>>>
>>>  <pluginGroups>
>>>    <pluginGroup>org.apache.tomcat.maven</pluginGroup>
>>>  </pluginGroups>
>>>

>>> HTH,
>>> --
>>> Olivier Lamy
>>> Talend: http://coders.talend.com

an error saying that the tomcat7 prefix was not found. [1]  Then I tried "mvn  tomcat:deploy
-Dusername=Administrator -Dpassword=a" and I got a 403 response from the manager.

the plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories
[local (/Users/mattmunz/.m2/repository), central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)] -> [Help
1]
(default-cli) on project ...: Cannot invoke Tomcat manager: Server returned HTTP response
code: 403 for URL: http://localhost:8080/manager/deploy?path=%2F...&war= -> [Help 1]

an authorization problem.[1]  Here's the command that I'm running. [2]  Here's the relevant
snippet from tomcat-users.xml. [3]  From the browser I am able to log on to the Manager with
this account without problems.