tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matt Munz <matt.m.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 Maven plugin: deploy fails with tomcatManager status code:401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 04:36:20 GMT
Olivier,

  After switching to 2.0-SNAPSHOT, I am still getting errors :(  First I got an error saying
that the tomcat7 prefix was not found. [1]  Then I tried "mvn  tomcat:deploy -Dusername=Administrator
-Dpassword=a" and I got a 403 response from the manager.

[1]
[ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'tomcat7' in the current project and in the plugin groups
[org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo] available from the repositories [local (/Users/mattmunz/.m2/repository),
central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)] -> [Help 1]
[2]
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:tomcat-maven-plugin:1.1:deploy (default-cli)
on project ...: Cannot invoke Tomcat manager: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for

  Matt

On Apr 2, 2012, at 4:16 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> Hello,
> I have fixed few things related to deployment in trunk.
> Could you test with current 2.0-SNAPSHOT ?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Olivier Lamy
> Talend: http://coders.talend.com
>
> 2012/4/2 Matt Munz <matt.m.munz@gmail.com>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>  I'm trying to get the Tomcat 7 Maven plugin to work and I'm getting an authorization
problem.[1]  Here's the command that I'm running. [2]  Here's the relevant snippet from tomcat-users.xml.
[3]  From the browser I am able to log on to the Manager with this account without problems.