tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jatin Parikh <jati...@farabipc.com>
Subject RE: Generating a Keystore
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 05:16:10 GMT
Hi Victoria,

Change the path at the command line till it reach to the folder bin, after follow the instruction
to generate the keystore.

Like c:\program files\java\.........\bin

Thanks & Best Regards,
Jatin Parikh
Sr. Chemist

-----Original Message-----
From: Victoria Johnson - Kio [mailto:victoria.kio.2011@my.bristol.ac.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 11:17 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Generating a Keystore

Hello,

I am having problems generating a keystore, this is my first time
configuring a server, let alone Tomcat.

The text on Apache is really confusing me about setting up SSL on Tomcat,
what do I do with this command

%JAVA_HOME%\bin\keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

Please advise.

Thanks.

--
Victoria Captain Johnson-Kio