tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jordan Michaels <jor...@viviotech.net>
Subject Re: "High Level" question. Managing dynamic vhost deployments...
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 21:06:08 GMT
Dave,

I don't know if this will help you, but I've done some work in this area
that you may find useful.

In my case, I needed a way to create a Tomcat context based on sites
that are already configured in Apache. This way, a client could use a
control panel to create sites in Apache, and then whenever a request
came in for Tomcat, the new context would be created in Tomcat that
matched the site in Apache.

I did this project for the CFML community, but the process doesn't
require CFML in any way. It can be used effectively with anything that
needs a dynamic context that will match a site configured in Apache.

If you think this might help you, can you check out the project at the
following URL:

http://www.modcfml.org/

I've been getting a lot of requests to make other aspects dynamic as
well, such as custom context configs, aliases, etc. but that would
require patching the Host Manager or writing my own classes that
interfaced with the same classes that the Host Manager uses. That is a
bit intimidating, so I haven't attempted it yet.

At any rate, maybe what I've done so far can help you in your efforts.

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels